My Favorite Place

I have been very fortunate to travel to many different places throughout my lifetime, but nowhere has been quite as extraordinary as the Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas. 

(Atlantis Resort, Bahamas

It was during my sophomore year of high school, and the week of Thanksgiving, that we traveled to the Bahamas for The Battle 4 Atlantis basketball tournament that the Oklahoma Sooners Men's basketball team was playing in. My dad works for the university and they were kind enough to let us tag along for a mini-vacation while the team fought their way to the championship game where they ultimately lost to the Wisconsin Badgers. It was a week in paradise as we sat by the beach and rode amazing water slides. Atlantis is by far the place I think about most often when I think of my most favorite places.

Comments

  1. It was so cool to see the Bahamas pop up here in the stream, Payton! I spent this summer working on a project researching Anansi stories in the Caribbean, so I read so many stories from the Caribbean (Anansi link)... and I just wish I could have vacationed there too! Maybe you will want to do a project for this class about Caribbean folklore (so many awesome stories; there's a Jamaican unit in the class UnTextbook)... or maybe about the ancient legends of Atlantis, imagining some mysterious connection between this resort and the mythological city of long ago! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts