My Reflections on Growth Mindset

 

"Brain Growth Learning" via Pixabay

    Prior to this lesson, I had never heard of Carol Dweck before. I am familiar with growth and fixed mindset because of psychology classes I have taken in previous semesters, however, the videos with Mrs. Dweck helped me see it in a new light. 

    I try hard every day to have a growth mindset. I believe it is essential to seeing the world in a positive way and learning from your past. I have had instances that I can recall in my life where I was given choices to take the easier way or the harder way and I always found it more satisfying to choose the latter because the feeling of accomplishment is so great. I have been plagued with injuries my whole life which can get to a person mentally, but I am proud of the way I handled them because I chose to think of them as minor setbacks for major comebacks.

I would love to learn more about growth mindset and how I can become and better person because of it. This semester will be my most challenging yet, however, I am up to the task. I see it as just another thing to look back at later in life and smile about because I was proud I did it. 

Comments

Popular Posts