Storybook Favorites

 "The Mighty Minotaur" via Wikipedia Commons

Bedtime Stories With...

    I found this storybook using the incredible randomizer option. It caught my eye because as a child I absolutely loved bedtime stories. However, as I closely examined the contents of the project I found that it was stories of evil mythological creatures. I was not disappointed, because as I began to read the stories they were in a different light. The author of these stories took a turn I would have never thought about and turned the bad guys good. They found ways to catch you by surprise and keep your engagement. They included irony and comedy into the writing and I highly recommend the read!

If Dragons Took Over the World

    Once again, the randomizer pulls through, and this time I found a storybook by Kaylee Johnson. This storybook gave me major Harry Potter vibes. However, instead of wizards, the children in this story were dragons! The story opens with the student dragons taking their seats in class when the teacher comes in and immediately tells them to hush. I have always been a fan of coming of age type stories and it seems that this story follows those guidelines. It is an interesting take on these mythological creatures. 

The Children's Biblical Zoo

    This is by far my favorite storybook that I have come upon yet! This storybook is very appealing to the eyes and extremely easy to follow along with. It is about the different animals that were influential in the Bible including donkeys, lions, frogs, and fish. I grew up going to church and reading the Bible, so this is a topic I and very knowledgeable about. The author takes the angle that all the animals are in a zoo and that they are the tour guide showing you all the animals. They will take you around the zoo in a chariot and make sure you have a fantastic day. I love this idea for a storybook, it is incredibly creative!

    


Comments

Popular Posts