Feedback Strategies

 

"Feedback" Source

    I believe that the articles I read were meant for the younger audience, however, they can still relate to us greatly. The first article I read was "20 Ways To Provide Effective Feedback For Learning." This article touched on the theory that even if the student did not do the absolute best they can, it is beneficial too find what they did good and praise it. I believe that outlook is necessary to teach students that what they are doing is good and that they can improve further. 

    The second article I read was "The Trouble With Amazing: Giving Praise That Matters." This was my favorite of the two. The author pointed out her real-life encounters with praise that she did not like very much. She did not think the positive feedback was genuine, and when it is not genuine, it does not mean much. She brought up the argument that sometimes it is better to be harsh and give criticism than to be praised all the time. I agree with her, I also believe that it is good to be challenged sometimes and that is what pushes you to become better.

Comments

Popular Posts