Feedback Thoughts

 

"Feedback Cats" Source

    This is the first time I have had a teacher that has truly focused on feedback more than grading, and honestly it surprises me. I definitely did not expect a college professor to be the first. I think it a cool way of providing students with what they need to focus on and allow them to work in a relatively stress-free environment. I focused on two articles, "Why Rejection Hurts So Much," and "Seven Ways to Crush Self-doubt." I learned that rejection is encoded in our brains and that is completely fine to feel the ways we are feeling, It is okay to fail and that you should not be so hard on yourself. This is something I have always struggled with. When I fail at something I feel like I let everyone down, when in reality everyone wants to see you succeed and that they do not blame you for failure. I also learned that I should not compare myself to others. When you do this you lose sight of your goal, you start trying to achieve the goals of others which is often unreachable. You need to follow your path and not compare yourself to others. 

Comments

Popular Posts