Week 8 Reading and Writing

Looking Back:  

    I have had a great time so far in this class. It has been enlightening to find that my love for writing is as strong as ever before and I love sharing it in this class. This class provides us with the opportunity to display our creativity and really escape from the world around us while we read and write. 

    I am very happy with the work I have done so far in my blog posts and my portfolio. I like to keep things simple, as I am a minimalistic man, and I think that shows in my websites. So far in this class I would say my best accomplishment is meeting a lot of new people and learning a little bit about each of them through their writing and introduction blogs. I love hearing people chasing their dreams and pursuing their goals, it is truly a great group of supportive people.

    My favorite story that I have written so far was "The Unfortunate Pheasant." The story that was a spinoff of Homer's Iliad where a young pheasant attempted to save his city, but was tragically struck down by Achilles' spear. 

"Pheasant" Source

    I had a ton of fun reading the Iliad and thinking of ways to make a new story out of it. I used my creativity and came up with this goofy story. 

    My reading notes have helped me retain crucial information to use in my stories and have lead me to create some great pieces of writing. I have learned a lot through the course of this class that will surly help me in my future writing endeavors.  

Looking Forward:

    I hope to read many more stories in the coming weeks and create many more stories that will showcase my creativity and writing skills. I look forward to meeting even more classmates and reading their work as well.

Comments

Popular Posts